Sunday, June 2, 2013

Fade


掉色

Tonight, as I was preparing for bed, I washed my face just as I've done every night for as long as I can remember. I wipe off the sweat and dirt of the day. I wipe off all of the makeup that covers my skin. 

Today was different.

As I wiped gently at my fake face, I looked into the mirror and saw something astonishing. 

My real face underneath it was clearing. 

The facial scars I have hated for so long were finally fading into my normal skin tone rather than the angry purple they had sported before. They are slowly becoming a part of me that I no longer have to hide. 

Scars fade.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Memories don't go away. But nightmares, overreactions, fear, and scars do. 

Isaiah 43:18-19: "Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert."

You've got the next new thing. 
This one is going away. 
I'll never forget it, but the evidence is wiped away. 
Help me to rediscover Your beauty within me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment