Monday, April 29, 2013

Weather


天气


There are people in the world who complain about the weather.

Then there are people who talk about their dads not paying child support

Or their families kicking them out

Or forcing them to come back in.

About dreams being cut short

About having no dreams at all.

The only way you can stay positive sometimes

Is by ignoring the weather. 

It won't drive you.

If you focus on the little things, you will crumble at the big things.

You will not be able to persevere. 

Today, when Thomas set the weights at twenty pounds, 

I lifted and thought about weather. 

When he added another thirty pounds, 

Thinking about weather didn't cut it. 

I faced my fears. And I lifted. Over. And over. And over.

He watched me for what seemed like eternity, waiting for me to fatigue or give up. 

I continued, sweating from every pore in my body, muscles screaming, waiting for him to release me. 

Instead, he set the weights at ninety pounds. 

"No matter how determined your mind is, your body has limits. Prove me wrong." 

I tried. And I couldn't. 

I lifted for a little princess who is still stuck with a dragon while I revel in safety. I lifted for the things I'll miss if this all goes up in flame. I lifted for every moment of pain I can remember. I lifted for every tear I've cried.

And I still couldn't lift the ninety pounds. 

Screw pain. 

Screw weather. 

Tomorrow.

Ninety pounds. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will fight. And I will press on, regardless of the weather. 

Romans 5:3-5: "We also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;  perseverance, character; and character, hope." 

Lord, lift with me, please? Even though You're already lifting me?
Help me forget the weather and stay protected in Your arms from all the elements. 

No comments:

Post a Comment